RenTheWriter

Tea, Cats, and Books

A book is best read with tea in your hand and a cat on your lap.

The Gaang is back! (Again...sort of...)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 - Gurihiru, Gene Luen Yang

As this is only the first volume of a three book story, I don't have a whole lot to say about it, but I must keep up with my reviews.

For those who don't know, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a TV series, and since its completion back in, ack!, 2008, Dark Horse Comics has released several graphic novel stories that take place after the events of the show.

I must have forgotten that a fourth story was coming out because I saw this on the shelf the other day and got really excited. Of course now I just have another series on my hands I have to wait to finish. Blerg.

Anywho, this story should be exciting because there's rebellion, Ursa is returning home for the first time in years, I'm sure Azula will make an appearance again, and are Mai and Zuko gonna get back together?! I don't know. Also, I'd like to praise these books because they still make me laugh just as if I were actually watching the show. I mean it probably helps that I can hear the character voices inside my head but regardless, a job well done to the writers!

Here's hoping I get my hands on book two soon!

~Ren