RenTheWriter

Tea, Cats, and Books

A book is best read with tea in your hand and a cat on your lap.

The mystery continues...

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Smoke and Shadow Part Two - Gurihiru, Gene Luen Yang

The gaang is back for part two, y'all! Sorry. Clearly my friend from Texas must be rubbing off on me. Anyway, yes, part two has finally arrived (and now starts the wait for part three). I probably said something similar to this in my last review of these graphic novels but, if you loved Avatar: The Last Airbender as a TV show you'll probably love these as well.

In this second installment, Aang, Zuko, Mai and her new BF dig deeper into the legend of the Kemurikage in hopes of putting an end to the kidnappings taking place. We also get a little bit of drama starting to stir up between Mai and Zuko (feelings!) and the New Ozai Society is still up to no good trying to undermine Fire Lord Zuko (we'll see where they get with that). Oh! And hopefully in the last volume we'll get to see Sokka and Katara back in the South Pole at last after a very long year (or so).

Also holy crap! A certain someone makes a reappearance but of course they leave you hanging until the next book! Gah! I won't say who but get ready, people! This last one could be a doozy!

Stay flamin'!