RenTheWriter

Tea, Cats, and Books

A book is best read with tea in your hand and a cat on your lap.

Reading this series feels like watching Lost...but I've never watched Lost...

The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 2: Fandemonium - Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie

I'm kind of starting to have minor regrets about picking up this graphic novel series. I've only read two volumes but while reading each of those I felt like I sort of knew what was going on but at the same time felt like I had missed some seriously key plot points. I don't know if that's me being a bad reader or the writing being a bit too...mysterious? Coy? Inscrutable? Anyway...

I've been buying these volumes because any library within my reach isn't going to have them. And like all books in New Zealand they are pricy. And while I am invested enough to want to know what happens, I decided that after volume two I would borrow all future volumes to come. Or so I thought.

Volume one ended on a big cliffhanger but volume two ended on an even BIGGER cliffhanger!!! Gah! Okay, moving on to actually talking about the book. We continue to follow our protagonist, Laura, who desperately wants to be in with the gods. Which really she is, more than most people. She's digging deeper and deeper into the (SPOILER if you haven't read the first volume) death of Lucifer and manages to make some headway, with the help of a newly discovered god.

And then the freaking cliffhanger! Gah! What the fuck is going on? I have 42 new questions and no goddamn answers! *sigh* I shall just have to wait for the next book.

~Ren