RenTheWriter

Tea, Cats, and Books

A book is best read with tea in your hand and a cat on your lap.

Unicorns, unicorns, everywhere!

Goodnight Unicorn: A Magical Parody - Kendra Spanjer, Karla Oceanak

Once again, I feel I must preface this review by saying I have worked for this publisher and have a slight biased. Despite that, however, Goodnight Unicorn is, truly, freaking adorable as! (Bit of Kiwi slang for ya there.)

Goodnight Unicorn is the third parody book to be released by Bailiwick Press. The short, rhyming story follows the unicorns and all their magical friends as they prepare for bed in the magical forest. I loved that this book didn't just have the classical unicorn with its white coat and horn and golden hooves. There are old and young unicorns, winged and zebra-striped unicorns, black, pink and purple unicorns. So many kinds!

The illustrations are just gorgeous. Color oozes off of every page. Every creature has its own personality. Some images made me nostalgic for the time of Lisa Frank-themed school supplies. And, at the back of the book, there are delightful unicorn fun facts that kids and adults alike will appreciate.

If you have a unicorn-lover in your life, or you yourself love the magical horned horse, you should definitely pick up a copy of Goodnight Unicorn to brighten up your bookshelf.

~Ren