RenTheWriter

Tea, Cats, and Books

A book is best read with tea in your hand and a cat on your lap.

Nature is fekking weird and really cool

The Wasp That Brainwashed the Caterpillar: Evolution's Most Unbelievable Solutions to Life's Biggest Problems - Matt Simon

Okay, the title alone is great, come on. And I'm a big biology/zoology buff so this was a great book for me.

If you're someone who is interested in the many creatures that live in the world around you but you fall asleep when things get to technical and "science-y" this is the book for you! Matt Simon writes in a very accessible voice the is peppered with sarcastic jokes (and some bad jokes) and has the undercurrent of a smartass telling you something you don't know (but not in an annoying way, at least to me).

The book is broken into sections and within those sections are short chapters on each different animal. This made it easy to pick up, read for a bit, and then go off to do something else. It was a very amusing and informative read that I would recommend to any animal/nature/science lover in your life.

~Ren